Saturday, January 26, 2008

Magical World Of Tennis


The 1st Grand Slam of the year almost comes to the end. Dengan syok sendiri & agak over nye, I’ve created an interview session about my magical moments of the Australian Open 2008 (AO08)!!(bile lg nk ada interview session sendiri kaaan…..muahaaha).

Me: So, pegi Melbourne to watch AO08 this year?

Nana: As the matter of fact, Yeah, I did.Went there on the 17th & 18th January 2008.

Me: Apsal tiba2 mengada nak pegi pulak?

Nana: At first, xde rasa sgt nak pegi, but then after I watched the Hopman Cup’s match, tiba2 rasa..Hey, I should go…! Apa lg..terus book flight tix and beli the game tix. It all happened in a day..haha!!


Me: Ok la, we start with your expectation before the game commences. Sebenarnye gedik nk tgk sapa?

Nana: I was looking forward to watch players such as Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Marat Safin, Fernando Gonzalez, Justine Henin, Ana Ivanovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic…etc.


Me: Ceh, x agak2..nk tgk star players je. So, did u get your shots?

Nana: Hell Yeah, I’ve watched and meet players in two different occasions, first masa live matches diaorang and when they went on for training. I’ve seen the matches of Novak Djokovic, Daniela Hantuchova, Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, David Nalbandian, Amelie Mauresmo, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Fernando Gonzalez and few more unseeded players. The best thing pegi AO08 masa early rounds ni, I also got the chance to watch players went on training to prepare themselves before games. I bumped into players such as Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Ana Ivanovic, James Blake, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Maria Kirilenko, Benjamin Becker, Agnieska Radswanka, Marcos Baghdatis and Andy Murray. 2 players just passed me, tp x sempat buat apa..x sempat amik pics or signature sbb diaorg lalu je..that was Lindsay Davenport and Lleyton Hewitt.




Me: Hmm..I can imagine your kegedikan after seeing them. Can u tell how gedik u was at that time?

Nana: Owh, u really wanna know??jgn jeles..hehe…I was really..really excited. Moment paling gedik when I met Marat Safin. Time tu he just finished training as that particular nite dia lwn dgn Marcos Baghdatis. Sbb really like him,,I dunno where I got the energy, I pushed the 2 big security guys and stood betul2 in front of Marat and asked him to sign my program book..he gave me this sweet smile and signed..OMG..he is so hot! Sangat suka kan dia since 1997.He is tall + hensem + sweet + charming..*wink*wink*. Tapi bangang x bangang, I couldn’t snap his picture coz my camera’s battery running low. Damn!! But still, I did get his signature…thehehe!! The other signatures like Svetlana Kuznetsova, Maria Kirilenko and Andy Murray were easy... Tapi the best moment of a lifetime happened was…I met the best player on earth ok..Roger Federer..He signed on my program book and tennis cap. Lepas dia sign tu kan, I asked him ‘Roger, can we take picture?’ and he said ‘YES’…OMGGG….haha..!!Know what, after snapped je pic with Roger, my camera rosak..I guess my camera was shocked got to snap Roger’s picture. Luckily all of the pics saved into the memory cards. Level of gedik…well..I guess I was really gedik after I met Federer and Safin. I’ve been calling my family back home, and harassing few frens including Nadia Gale (which she went with me to watch AO07)…suma bengang!





Me : Hm..Comment la sikit about some of the players u met?

Nana: Boleh jerr…

Roger Federer - Very down to earth. Was really nice to his fans..he really have the quality of being a top player. Respect giler.





Novak Djokovic - He is so funny. Have a good sense of humor. Tak sombong.




Ana Ivanovic - In person, she is so pretty. That’s why org panggil dia “The Tennis Beauty”.




Maria Sharapova - Err….Ooook laaa…no comment




Marat Safin - Handsome + Hot + Sweeet




Rafael Nadal - Sangat serius. Focused. Susah nak Nampak dia senyum..but he was really nice



Venus Williams - She was ok. But she was not really into this signing thingy. After game je, she waved to the crowd and ciao.




Serena Willlams - Although dia nampak fierce, she was really sporting with her crowd. Very opposite from her sister.




Daniela Hantuchova - Very nice, cute & sweet




James Blake - Another respected player when it comes to melayan fans. Dia tgh training sanggup stop and sign autograph and had chat with his fan




Fernando Gonzalez - He is nice. But there was this match he played against Korean player, fans dia terlalu fanatic sampai they turned frm tennis crowd to soccer crowd until Fernando x boleh main. Obviously he looked angry with his own crowd, tp dia x leh marah..and I saw the other side of his personality…bertukar menjadi temper + garang.



Me : How was the environment there?

Nana : Similar to last year. Nothing much changed. As usual ada booth Garnier, Optus, Kia, souvenire, Australian Post, etc. but there was an additional booth which was Nike booth. As usual lots of people queue for Garnier’s and Optus were giving out the mini banners. Then ada Big Screen in the middle of the Melbourne Park, trivia pictures of the previous winners etc. Bottom line, it was an exciting and happening environment.



Me : Did u get any souvenirs from there?

Nana : Yeap! I got myself an AO08 towels, lanyard, keychain and t-shirt.

Me: Ok la..menyampah eh tgk gedik sangat…sengeeeh je memanjang. Last question, are you planning to watch AO09 next year?

Nana: Insya Allah. I really can’t plan, cz if I said no, tp last minit pegi..nnt kena kata mengada plak..mcm thn ni laa…haha!Anyway, I really hope that I could come back toRod Laver Arena next year. But in the same time, I do plan to go for another Grand Slams like the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. Don’t worry, If i have another plan, I’ll call u again to interview me *wink*..


Me : Eww…gediks nyer. Anyway, thanks for sharing your magical moments…Laterrr!!

Nana : Yeah, laterr..



No comments: